A new, expanded expert panel has been appointed to help unlock more housing throughout Queensland.
In 2018, the Queensland Government established the Housing Supply Expert Panel to advise on the South East Queensland Growth Monitoring Program and provide independent expert advice about how to appropriately manage land supply and associated issues in the fast-growing south east corner of the State. It was announced, 8 September 2022, the remit of the Panel would be expanded to provide advice on housing supply state-wide.
30 December 2022, Deputy Premier and Minister for Planning Steven Miles announced 12 appointees to the new Queensland Housing Supply Expert Panel.
“The new Housing Supply Expert Panel will advise on a broader range of housing issues throughout Queensland, rather than just the South East,”Mr Miles said. “With these appointments, Queensland has moved to the next level in gaining the advice and guidance needed to deliver more land supply and new communities.”
“There are now members with specialist expertise in property development and real estate as well as planners, demographers, economists and housing experts.”
We congratulate Darren Mew, Executive Manager BlueCHP, and the other 11 members on their appointment to the panel:
- Julie Saunders – urban planning and housing (Chair)
- Amy Degenhart – urban design and architecture
- Mary Doctor – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander housing
- Dr Michael Fotheringham – housing research and policy development
- Guy Gibson – property development
- Dr Sharon Harwood – urban planning
- Antonia Mercorella – real estate, property and housing economics
- Darren Mew – property development, urban design and affordable housing
- Phillip Ransom – property economics
- Natalie Rayment – urban planning
- Tim Reardon – property economics
- Matthew Ryan – property economics