On the 19th March 2015, Community Housing Federation of Australia (CHFA) members passed changes to the CHFA constitution allowing it to transition into a new national industry body known as the Community Housing Industry Association (CHIA). The legal transition to CHIA was completed by 30th June 2015.
CHIA is a member-based national industry body dedicated to representing community housing providers on a national level to Government, other national peak bodies and the private sector. CHIA aims to be a strong single voice in the industry for policy, advocacy, representation, training and resourcing.
BlueCHP is delighted to become a Gold Foundation member for CHIA in June 2015. As a Gold Foundation member, BlueCHP will be provided with the following services:
- Promotion and Marketing services to ensure a strong national profile and reputation for the community housing industry
- Policy development, consultation and advocacy services to influence and shape social and affordable housing policy and programs both nationally and within NSW
- Networking and collaboration between community housing providers that face similar opportunities and challenges
- Tools and resources to support cost-effective business practice (eg training, business development services, compliance and regulation services)
- Industry and workforce development to establish the skills and settings required to position the community housing sector to take on new growth and development opportunities and appropriately manage the associated risks and responsibilities
CHIA has a branch office in every State and Territory which will afford BlueCHP local jurisdiction representation.’.